Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Air Jitters

I hate flying. Plain and simple. We did however survive our trip to and from North Carolina. We left the Twin Cities at a temperature of 17 degrees(yea I know I was excited it was above zero too) and landed later that day in Raliegh at a temperature of 65. I was happy as a school girl, I was strippin off layers before we got to the baggage claim. All in all it was a fun and productive week.
One goal of the trip was to make it over to Charlotte Yarn, a yarn store whose group I belong to on Ravelry. It was soooo worth the two hour drive in torential rain!!! I got some absolutly beatiful yarn there, so nummy!!! I'll have pictures when my projects are done, no peeking!!! The gals there were so sweet!! If you are ever in Charlotte I definetly recommend stopping by the shop.
The other and I suppose more important goal for the week (matter of opinion there) was my job interview. I think it went well. Everyone seemed really nice, and the hospital isn't far from the apartments we were looking at. They are still checking references so I'm hoping to hear from them soon. We picked out an apartment too. It won't be available until the middle of May at the earliest so the juggling of turning in notices and last days and such are still kind of up in the air.
I managed to get sunburnt whilst we were there. Yea I know it's sad. It makes perfect sense though if you think about it. A Minnesota girl who hasn't seen the sun since sometime in September spawled out on a deck in the sun wearing shorts and a t-shirt....... oh yea recipe for disaster. It wasn't bad, just enough to make me itch a little, but it was totally worth it!
This post I believe has gone on long enough. I'll go on about the downer of my trip, which most of you can guess was the retirement announcment by Brett Farve, but thats totally another post!!!

No comments: