Sunday, January 13, 2008

Heaven!


Last night I saw heaven on earth. Yes my friends, I'm sure. It is a place called Lambeau Field. Last night my beloved Green Bay Packers came back against all adversity to beat the Seattle Seahawks and their diabolical leader Mike Holmgren (who probably wished now that he had stayed in Green Bay). The snow started falling in the first quarter and the Packers seemed only to draw power from it. The harder the snow fell, the harder they pushed on. It still brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it now. By halftime you couldn't see the field and by the end of the third quarter the grounds crew had switched from brooms to shovels to clear the yard lines. To see them battle back like they did, and then effectively crush the opposition only restored my hopes that we can defeat whomever stands in our way of a Super Bowl title. Don't you think the Lombardi Trophy belongs any where else but Green Bay???? I think not!!!

No comments: