Thursday, December 6, 2007

FO's as promised

Batteries are charged up and the camera is ready. I finally took a couple pictures of the projects I've finished and the goodies I have waiting for me. I finally think I know why I'm not one of those knitters that have a stash. I see that yarn waiting for me but I just can't touch it until I'm done with what I'm working on now! You would think that would be a motivator to get going with whats OTN, but no, not so much! RAWR!


These are my first Toe Up socks using the Magic Loop method. I am hooked on this!!!! I hate using double pointed needles so this is a great way for me to make socks! I always manage to loose stiches of the dpns. This yarn is definetly not my favorite thing in the world. A gal I used to work with gave it to me and so it's special that way. She was the brunt of a lot of my knitting questions.




These are the Christmas Stockings I made for my boyfriend and I (his is actually bigger than mine!). Both used a skien of each color in Caron Simply Soft. Now for the WIP and stashy type stuff. After finishing my socks my boyfriend wanted a pair for himself. I figured since I have now mastered the magic loop method it was time to get real sock yarn, not something acrylic, but wool or something you actually want to snuggle your toes in.


All he said was he wanted something warm like wool, and something salt and pepper in color. I think I got pretty close. Sock yarn is a lot small than I thought it was going to be!! I thought I'd have these done in a day or so, unfortunately my attention span has been kind of short the past couple days, so thats as much progress as I've made. I'm spending way to much time watching the wait list checker on Ravelry watching for when I might finally get my invite! 711 people in front of my this morning, so should be soon!!!

Here is my, oh so patiently, waiting goodies. I can't wait to start knitting those two yarns up. The blues will be perfect for at work since the scrubs my unit wears are blue (I'm a nurse). The lorna's laces I just had to get because I think those color are beautiful! They'll be so pretty!!!

No comments: