Monday, December 24, 2007

What...was....that.........


I was born and will die a devoted Green Bay Packers fan, but dear god what the hell happened yesterday against Chicago. I worked nights this weekend, but I could tell by the way my brother was screaming at the television that things were not going our way. I didn't realize how badly until I actually got up and saw the score.... then I wanted to crawl back in bed, knowing what my fate held for me once I got to work. I'm not a quiet fan. I taunt my co-workers, on Sundays that I work day shifts and the Packers are playing I proudly wear my green and gold scarf tucked into my scrubs. My only consolation was that the Vikings lost, and that no matter what my Packers are still better than they are, and in that I found a little bit of satisfaction.
I have also come to the realization that football is a winter sport, baseball is a summer sport. Summer is too short, and winter is too long. So why is it that there are so many damn baseball games and so few football games!!!! Baseball season is much to long, and football season much to short.

No comments: