Monday, December 17, 2007

The lengthening project list.......


I have finished the gray socks for my boyfriend and have disocovered that I don't like the short row heel so much. The next time I make socks I will most definetly be investigating other forms of sock heel construction. I like knitting socks from the toes up versus from the cuff down because I really suck at grafting the toes, and I like the fact that I don't have to worry about running out of yarn on the cuff. If I'm getting low on yarn then I just have a shorter cuff versus no toes......which seems to me like a better deal.


Onto the next project or well two projects. Last night I cast on my first Clapotis. This pattern really didn't interest me when I saw it on Knitty.com but there has been such a buzz around it lately. Granted I'm in what one blog calls The Second Wave of Clapotis knitters, but I do enjoy the pattern thus far. I'm making it out of some DK weight cotton I had sitting around on a size 7 needle. I'm into the increase rows so it isn't horribly exciting yet, but I'm getting close to the section where I get to drop stiches! ON PURPOSE!!!! I'm very good at dropping them on accident so this will be a nice change of pace for me.

The other project I'm hoping to start in the next couple of days is my Rogue Hoodie from The Gril From Auntie. I bought and printed off the pattern a couple nights ago and am hoping to find yarn for it today. I'm really excited to start this so I'm sure my poor clapotis will have to wait until I can either finish the hoodie or just need a break from it. Although I think clapotis will be better suited for my upcoming plane ride than the rogue hoodie so I'm sure both of them will be going along with me on my trip.

No comments: